Pic: Melissa Barnett (former Secretary), Steve Newton (Secretary), Sharon Anderson (former President), Cheryl Parnell (Vice-president), Karen Norton (committee member), Selina Carey (former Treasurer).
The Farm 2 Fork Collective Inc (F2FC) committee comprises up to 7 volunteer members including the executive board members of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
The executive board members are responsible for:
- Accountability – ensuring the organisation meets its obligations, manages its finances and operates transparently
- Strategy – actively developing the strategic plan and supporting its implementation.
- Resourcing – securing funding and other resources to support the organisation.
- Advocacy – representing the organisation to the community and stakeholders.
- Monitoring – making sure the organisation and related activities are run according to our constitution and as required by the law.
They must be knowledgeable about the economic, social, cultural and environmental opportunities and challenges facing their region; be well connected and a strong advocate for their community and the founding principles of the F2FC organisation.
Management committee meetings are monthly and take 1 to 1.5 hours from 6pm on a weeknight agreed by the committee. Meetings mostly take place via an online meeting platform. It is expected that all committee members attend a minimum of 50% of committee meetings per annum.
F2FC committee members are required to support the President, their fellow management committee members, sub-committees and volunteers.
While these roles are unpaid, they offer valuable experience and the opportunity to be part of a team that is dedicated to supporting their community.
The President has a significant impact the organisation’s growth, sustainability and its ability to support our local producers and community. Your contributions will directly influence the strategies and decisions made for the benefit of the community we serve.
As president you will be responsible for:
- Chairing management committee meetings.
- Supporting the management committee, sub-committees and volunteers.
- Collaborating with the committee members to develop and implement the organisation’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Managing committee activities, ensuring effective decision-making and representing the organisation.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, donors, and partners.
- Assisting in fundraising efforts, identifying potential funding sources, and contributing to financial sustainability.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse team toward common objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders, donors, and the community effectively.
- Knowledge or experience in fundraising, donor relations, or grant writing is highly valued.
- Knowledge of board governance and ability to guide the management committee in following governance frameworks.
This may be a good role for someone that has been employed at an executive level who is wanting to give back to the community.
It is envisioned that the President will require an average of 5-8 hours/month on administrative duties.
The Treasurer’s position is a vital role for the success of the Farm 2 Fork Collective organisation. You will be overseeing all financial activities and ensuring the management committee is aware of the current financial status of the organisation.
As treasurer you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and processing end of month statements for commission sales made through the Farm 2 Fork Collective shop
- Reporting to the management committee at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Preparing end of financial year records for audit by the external accountants.
- Reporting to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Ensuring that risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place.
- Collecting and receiving all money due to the organisation and make all payments authorised by the organisation.
- Processing payroll, superannuation payments and PAYGW for one employee on a weekly and quarterly basis.
- Intermediate excel knowledge.
- Understanding of basic accounting.
- Knowledge of Xero or other similar accounting software.
Financial records are stored on Xero and a branded email account must be used for all organsation related correspondence.
You will be required to have your own computer, however, a laptop is available for use at the Farm 2 Fork Collective shop if required. NB The laptop must not leave the shop.
It is envisioned that the Treasurer will require an average of 8-12 hours/month on administrative duties.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to enhance their accounting skills in a real-world setting and to gain insights into the operations of a not-for-profit organisation.
Farm 2 Fork Collective Inc Constitution
Read the Farm 2 Fork Collective Inc’s Constitution